Another Australian lost in Europe.
Fitness and sport is a passion and a hobby. I love introducing people to the great outdoors and the pleasures and benefits of physical activity. After feedback and encouragement from colleagues and friends, I have decided to take the next step and open up my Outdoor Circuits to people in the Suisse Romande.
Kathy is a level 2 Cross-Country ski instructor through the APSI (Australian Professional Snowsport Instructors) scheme in Australia.
Kathy has been awarded the title of PERSONAL FITNESS TRAINER LEVEL 3 through NCFE.
Achievements in Sports
Kathy took up skiing in 2001, starting with back-country touring and telemark skiing. Cross-Country skiing came about through Biathlon (skiing and shooting) competitions while Kathy was still in the Military. This is where she knew this was the sport for her.
Biathlon is what brought her to Europe to compete at an international level for Australia. Key achievements for Cross-Country Skiing are:
- 2005 Australian Distance Champion for Biathlon
- Participant on the European cup circuit 2005 and 2006
- Finisher in several Loppet Citizen ski race – Vasa Loppet (90km), Marchialonga (80km), Transjurrasienne (76km), Konigludwiglauf (50km), Australian Hoppet (42km)
- Finisher of the 2011 Half-Ironman Switzerland
- Climbing Mont-Blanc in 2009
- Finisher of the 2009 Lucerne Marathon (42km)
- Participant in several ski-mountaineering races across Switzerland, Italy and France
- Participant in Mountain-bike races from the Juralp-Cup and Watchvalley Bike-Cup race series
- Other events include Adventure Races, cross-country running, cycling around Lake Geneva and several Triathlon races